Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My First Quilt Ever

When K was a toddler she absolutely loved the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You Hear? by Eric Carle.  I had contemplated quilting for a long time and was in complete awe of my Aunt N's completed projects. I had made bay clothes and rag quilts in the past, but had never made a real quilt.  My aunt sent me some quilting website links and I was bitten by the quilting bug.  I looked and looked and when I found the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You Hear? fabric (you can still find some here), I knew that this would be a great first project for a well deserving 3 year old.  I started this quilt on my trusty old Ken.more sewing machine and in the middle of the quilt, I turned 30 and my husband bought me a Jano.me (love the machine and love him!).
 



I took a few classes from my sewing machine dealer and learned of a new longarm quilter in the area.  I brought the finished quilt to her and she worked her magic.  I love how it turned out!



Needless to say she loved her first quilt and she too was bitten by the quilting and fabric bugs!

No comments: