Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Purple Quilt Top is finished

You may remember awhile back I posted about the purple quilt for my Grandma. When I purchased the fabrics, I purchased her favorite color not realizing that purple is also the Alzheimer's disease ribbon color.

It makes me sad to know that she is forgetting things and will soon not remember who I am. She remembers that I am married and my oldest K, but she does not remember my youngest N. Thankfully N is too little to know that.


My Grandma is at the horrible stage of disease progression where she remembers that she doesn't remember. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. I pray that they find a cure and/or better treatment options so future generations don't have to deal with this awful disease.


The backing is also a purple Me and My Sister designs Amelia print. I am quilting with a variegated purple and will be binding with the dark purple stripe. I will post finished photos later this week.

I am linking up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story.

Fresh Poppy Design

1 comment:

Amanda said...

looks great. nice fabric choices. I'm a sucker for purple. Hope your Gma loves it. Aren't quilts a great way to send tangible love?