Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wedding Gift

You may remember the stinky cell phone shots of this quilt. We were invited to a wedding in early December and for two fabulous friends who have it all, I knew I had to make them a quilt. They have a summer home near ours and during a summer party, I checked out the colors and decided on the Smooth Sailing fabric from Connecting Threads. I very heavily quilted this one in a meander and hand sewed the binding. I finished it up on the Wednesday before the wedding. I normally wash my quilts before I give them as gifts because I love how soft nad crnkly they get, well with this one, I never washed it. Thank goodness! The happy couple decided that instead of using the quilt to snuggle under that they want to hang it in their summer home!


katie z. said...


Ida said...

Very Pretty! Looks perfect for a summer vacation home. I'm sure they will treasure it for years to come and remember your kindness and talent.