Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Finishing up those WIPs!!

I had some leftover fabric from this quilt and like any good quilter, I saved the scraps with every intention of making a doll quilt to go with the big girl quilt.  Life happened and that pile of 4 inch squares sat on my sewing table for the last 8 months along with the pink receiving blanket that I used for the backing. 
 
 
I ended up trimming the squares down to 3.5 inches by 4 inches to allow for one extra row and quilted with some "straight" lines 0.25 inches from each seam.  It looks beautiful. 
 
 
Of course, I didn't have fabric in my stash that was just the right color of pink for the binding and after the photos were taken, I headed to the fabric store and found the perfect shade of solid pink.  The doll quilt is in the dryer right now and I hope to get it in the mail to K tomorrow. 

Since there was some of the pink receiving blanket left over after I quilted it, I trimmed up the fabric with my pinking shears and made a little wipe clutch (stash busting!) and filled it with baby wipes.   I was able to take some photos of the binding...I love it!
 
 
 
I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday!
 

Fresh Poppy Design




No comments: