Sunday, June 23, 2013

1930s

I had a pretty big stack of scraps from this quilt taking up space sitting in my fabric closet.  The fabrics are not my normal color pallet so there were no other projects that I could thrown them in to.  I saw this pattern and knew what I was going to do with those scraps.  After cutting them into squares, I realized that I didn't have much in the green or purple/pink colors and headed off to my local quilt store and picked up three half yards.  I also ordered a 1930s Bella jelly roll and some white fabric to make the four patches.  Rather than making one large quilt, I am making two lap sized quilts as gifts for Christmas this year...one down, one to go.  There is some cute fabric that is coming out in August that I am going to use for the backing along with some orphaned blocks from the original quilt.




4 comments:

Lisa C said...

Good for you! I have a pile of things made on my dresser for Christmas. I can't wait to see what you back them in.

Julie Thompson said...

It's crazy how quickly Christmas sneaks up on you when you plan on making Christmas presents! Good luck with your pile. I have one afghan to knit and 4 more quilts to make for Christmas.

Dee said...

Such happy colors for a lovely Christmas gift!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

I gravitate toward blues & greens but these pastels look really nice. Great Job!