Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baby Quilt

I finished this baby quilt last Thursday and dropped it off to the quilter when I picked up my 2012-2013 Mystery Block of the Month quilt.  I am not normally a panel user, but this one was too cute to pass up, especially since this quilt is going to be for my new niece of nephew in the fall.  My brother and his wife live in Boston and were married on the beach...so it is quite fitting for them. 
 
 



 
Don't you just love the turtles?  Since the piecing on this one is so simple, I decided to have it quilted  with anchors.  I can't wait to show you the final quilt, it is going to be so stinkin' cute!
 



7 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable!!

Sara said...

So nice to see those turtles. I have heard some awful stories about turtles lately whom have been beaten to death. Terrible. Probably kids that "think" they are bored:/ We love animals dearly at my house:)

Hope your brother and wife enjoy their new,fun quilt.

Allison said...

this quilt is so cute - you can't help but smile when you look at those turtles!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

I just love all these cute critters! Great quilt.

Julie said...

Cute! I love that panel! I'm not a panel person either but for this I would probably make an exception.

Sarah Craig said...

That is an adorable panel - I can understand how you would have to use it! Whoop whoop for you!

Julie Thompson said...

The turtles and the crabs sold me on the panel along with the fisherman. As much a I would love to finally have a niece (4 nephews) I think this quilt would be perfect for a boy.