Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pediatric Brain Cancer Auction

I only blogged a sneak peak at this quilt.  Back at the end of March, Charlotte's Grace for a Cure hosted a quilt auction to benefit pediatric brain tumor research.  With my Dad's fight and a little boy near me, I knew I needed to make a quilt for the auction.


(we had so much snow that I couldn't hang the quilt up and down and still get a full shot :) )

 
The backing was a "mistake" when I made my daughter's quilt for her birthday.  It wasn't as pink and orange as I knew she would want. 





In the end, there was a fierce bidding war for this quilt and my Aunt (an amazing quilter) ended up winning the quilt.  I will be able to see the quilt when I visit her in September :)

I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

3 comments:

mb-RI said...

What a beautiful quilt! And such a great cause. Thank you!

suemac said...

Such a pretty quilt with those love bricks of floral fabrics.

Karen said...

Great cause for a beautiful quilt. I am sure there was lots of money raised for this good cause.