Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Godmother is going to be a Grandmother

My Godmother is my Mom's best friend and while not a "blood" aunt she is my aunt through and through...my fairy godmother :)  Her stepson and his wife are having a baby in October and my Mom asked me to make a quilt for my Aunt to keep at her house...something to snuggle the baby up in when they visit.

I have had this quilt kit of Punctuation by American Jane forever and in the spirit of cleaning house and using up what I have I picked this quilt...it is actually perfect for my Aunt and her house.

 
My now 4 year old was a willing quilt holder.  She loves the fabric store as much as I do :) How is my munchkin 4?!?!  Her birth marks my quilting "anniversary" too...I had made 1 quilt before she was born and while I was preggers with her and during my maternity leave I made 2 queen size quilts.  She would fall asleep in her bouncy seat to the hum of my sewing machine.  I was bit (hard) by the quilting bug right before her arrival.

 
Instead of putting birth stats in the bottom corner I added this quote from a picture frame my Mom saw at a store. 

 
I love the alphabet backing!
 


8 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this!!! It is so cute. Your godmother will love it!

Lauren Deel said...

This is gorgeous! I love a good alphabet quilt. :)

Jasmine said...

Such a darling quilt. I am sure it willbe loved.

Unknown said...

I love this alphabet quilt. It is really beutifull. So cute. Your godmother will be very pleased. Such a nice gift!

Love from Amsterdam

Christine S said...

This is so great, I love it!!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I think I have this panel in my stash. Thanks for sharing, so I remember it!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Such an adorable quilt! Your godmother and her grandchild are sure to love it!

Michele said...

That really turned out wonderful. Nicely done.